If your New Year’s resolution is already losing steam, or has completely fallen off track, then it may be time for a reboot. Reassessing your approach will allow you to see what barriers stand in your way of achieving the goals and then recreate a plan for success. Depending on your goal, this could involve a variety of different resources. However, no matter what your health goal actually is, Basis from Elysium Health is a great foundation to prioritizing your health in the new year.
What Can Basis Do for Me?
Basis is a dietary supplement created by Elysium Health that works to support cellular health. It contains two major ingredients that work together to stimulate the production of NAD+ and support the functions to which it is essential to. NAD+ is an important coenzyme that is needed for many cellular processes in the body such as DNA maintenance, energy creation, and circadian rhythm regulation. The two ingredients that make up Basis are as follows:
- Nicotinamide riboside, the direct precursor to the coenzyme NAD+, which the body uses to power metabolism.
- Pterostilbene, which is a polyphenol compound that activates proteins known as sirtuins that work to promote healthy aging.
As you age, you lose levels of NAD+ in your body. As a result, the cellular functions that NAD+ has a role in start to break down. That is why Basis works to increase NAD+ in our cells and support cellular functions and our cellular well-being.
How do I get started on Basis?
The replenishment of NAD+ in the body is an ongoing process that your body will only optimally benefit from with continued use of the supplement. Each bottle of Basis contains 60 capsules, or enough for 30 days of recommended daily supplement intake. Therefore, Elysium Health offers several subscription plans for those who want to purchase the supplement. The pricing options are as follows:
- $60 for an individual bottle of Basis
- $50 per month for a standard monthly subscription to Basis
- $270 for a six-month subscription to Basis (breaking down to $45 per month)
- $480 for a twelve-month subscription to Basis (breaking down to $40 per month)
Basis is a vegetarian, vegan, gluten- and nut-free supplement that allows you to stick to your dietary needs while taking it. It is also free of any artificial colors and flavors.
How can I know that Basis works as intended?
No magical pill that can make all your health problems go away exists. But Basis is clinically proven to increase levels of NAD+ in humans. Elysium Health conducted a clinical trial on Basis in 2016, involving 120 human subjects. The results of the trial showed that people who took Basis daily over the course of several weeks saw their NAD+ levels rise by an average of 40 percent. These higher levels of NAD+ were achieved by day 30 of the trial and were sustained all the way through day 60. The trial was placebo-controlled, randomized, and double-blind in order to ensure accurate results. The science journal npj: Aging and Mechanisms of Disease published the results of the trial in November of 2017.
Other Ways to Reboot Your New Year’s Resolutions
Outside of supplementation, there are several other ways you can reboot your New Year’s resolutions:
- Reassess your health goals: Make sure that the actual goal you set is a S.M.A.R.T. goal. In other words, make sure that your goal follows these principles:
- Make sure you have a specific goal you want to achieve and that progress of achieving that goal is measurable. For example, instead of just saying that you want to lose weight, you would say that you want to lose 1 pound each week over the next six months.
- Make sure your goal is attainable and that it is realistic for you to achieve. In other words, you would not want to set a goal of running a marathon in three months if you have never run before in your life.
- Set your goal to be relevant to your overall purpose of the New Year’s resolution. For example, if you hope to maintain a healthy weight, then a goal of sticking to a fad diet would not be relevant to your overall cause.
- Make sure you set timely goals that have a deadline in mind.
An example of a fully written out S.M.A.R.T. goal would be: “I want to run three times a week with the goal of running a 10k by August 1st.”
- Have a support system in place: It is easier to stick with a health goal, or any goal for that matter, if you have others supporting you and cheering you on. Loved ones, friends, healthcare providers, colleagues, or other members of your community can not only be there for you to provide advice and motivation, but they can also help hold you accountable for the goals that you set for yourself.
- Be prepared for setbacks: It is inevitable that occasionally, you will have setbacks on the way to your goal. Whether it be illness, family stress, work stress, or social events, there may be times when your healthy intentions get pushed to the side in favor of enjoyment or obligations to others. In such cases, just be sure to do the best that you can under such circumstances and promise yourself that you will recommit to the fullest when the obstacle has resolved. Other ways to deal with such situations involve putting contingency plans in place for such situations such as bringing healthy snacks and water with you on the go or taking a walk whenever possible when you do not have time to have a regimented workout.
Elysium Health is a health startup that works directly with world-class scientists—from prestigious institutions like Harvard, Cambridge, and Oxford—to translate advances in science and technology into clinically-validated health products that work. The mission of the company is to help people live healthier, longer.
To purchase Basis and to learn more about the science behind the supplement, visit Elysium Health’s website.